Sunday, April 28, 2013

Journal Entry 4: What is EDM

Why EDM? What is EDM?

This week I was out in Muir at the coffee shop with my friend Amanda. She works at the Muir coffee shop and she said that I could hang around her with her and we could try and make small talk with customers about EDM.

I stuck around for three hours and I was able to interview 5 random people. **

Allison: "I listen to EDM, primarily trance music because I can connect to it. Theres something about the music that I can connect to." I then asked her if she used any drugs while listening to EDM and she said no comment.

Jake: "I love EDM music. I started listening to EDM about five years ago before it started to become mainstream. I listen to EDM primarily while I am doing homework. It helps me focus while studying. EDM to me is the best type of music there is."

Sam: "I do not like EDM at all. Whenever I hear EDM all I think about is drunk frat boys dancing around and being annoying. I hate it! People just listen to EDM to do drugs."

Mary: "EDM. My favorite part of SunGod. I am so excited for the dance tent. EDM just makes you feel good. It is like you can be a part of the music. Its something that you either do or do not like."

Eric: "I am indifferent about EDM. I have times where I like it and times when I do not like it. I can listen to it primarily when I am in a good mood and ready to party."


**I recorded these short interviews on my iPhone**


Next Journal: EDM History/EDM Changes lately


No comments:

Post a Comment